10 days, 7.45am to 4.30pm/5pm
Naas Industrial Estate or in-house
SOLAS CSCS card & QQI certificate
Course ObjectivesTo give candidates the knowledge to erect and dismantle more complex scaffolds safely in accordance with the statuary regulations and the relevant guidelines for that type of scaffold.
AwardSuccessful candidates will receive a SOLAS CSCS card and a QQI certificate, that is valid for 5 years after that you just reapply for the CSCS card on solas.ie
Candidate experienceAll candidates for this course must hold a valid Basic Scaffolder’s card for at least one year. They must have at least 12 months experience working with tube n fitting scaffolds. They need to fill in candidate pack of their experience and this must be endorsed by their employer and a qualified Advanced Scaffolder, they also need to successfully complete all 6 task pages and have them signed off by a qualified scaffolder They also require an up to date Safe Pass card and a current Manual Handling certificate.
Course ContentDay’s 1-5
- Relevant Legislation and Guidelines (C.O.P. TG20-13)
- Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Manual Handling – best practices
- Harness inspections
- Scaffolding terminology and components
- Inspecting materials, ground conditions and setting out
- Erecting independent scaffolds, Towers and Birdcages
- Bracing, Ties, Ladders, Ropes and Knots commonly used
- Reading and understanding more complex scaffold designs
- Form filling regarding hand-overs, checklists 1 & 2, GA3’s and scaff-tags
- Theory preparation, homework and revision
- Dealing with clients and other trades, organising and controlling the labour and materials for the task.
- Monitoring and reviewing risks, carrying out Tool box talks with own staff.
- Theory Assessment – 1 hour
- 3 Practical Assessments over 4 days
- Course Review and Summary
Candidate Pack DownloadClick the link to download the candidate pack for this course Download Pack Here
Cancellations PolicyCancellations of 5 working days before the course start date or a "no show" on the commencement day of a course or cancellation during the course will incur a 50% cancellation fee and no refund is possible. No payment refund is available. *In relation to retest of Scaffolding Courses there will be a fee for the Basic Scaffolding & the Advanced Scaffolding Course. By us: Where Boston Training cancels an Event a full refund will be made. However under no circumstances are we liable for your costs and expenses, including transportation and cancellation costs thereof, where we cancel an Event and/or change venues.