Course ObjectivesTo give candidates the knowledge to erect dismantle a basic scaffold system (generally Kwik-Stage) Safely in accordance with the statuary regulations and the manufacturer’s instructions for that type of scaffold.
All candidates for this course must have 9 months full time experience of working with different types of scaffold and this must be endorsed by their employer.
The candidate pack must be fully completed and signed of by the participant, endorser and qualified scaffolder.
They must also have an up to date Safe Pass Card and a current Manual Handling Certificate. All Candidates must have a complete scaffolder’s tool kit and Harness equipment. (These items are available to buy in the Boston Workwear shop on site) Also passport photo needed
Course ContentDay’s 1-5
- Manufacturer’s Manual for the relevant scaffold
- Relevant Legislation and Guidelines (C.O.P. TG20-13)
- Method Statement and Risk Assessments
- Manual Handling – best practices
- Harness Inspections
- Scaffolding terminology and components
- Inspecting materials, ground conditions and setting out
- Erecting independent scaffolds, Towers and Birdcages
- Bracing, Ties, Ladders, Ropes, Knots commonly used
- Following basic scaffold designs
- Form Filling regarding hand-overs, checklists 1 & 2,GA3’s and scaff-tags
- Theory preparation and revision
- Theory Assessment – 1 hour
- Practical Assessment – 5 hours 30 minutes
- Course Review and Summary
Candidate Pack DownloadClick the link to download the candidate pack for this course Download Pack Here
Cancellations PolicyCancellations of 5 working days before the course start date or a "no show" on the commencement day of a course or cancellation during the course will incur a 50% cancellation fee and no refund is possible. No payment refund is available. *In relation to retest of Scaffolding Courses there will be a fee for the Basic Scaffolding & the Advanced Scaffolding Course. By us: Where Boston Training cancels an Event a full refund will be made. However under no circumstances are we liable for your costs and expenses, including transportation and cancellation costs thereof, where we cancel an Event and/or change venues.